Research and other Academic Activities
I. Research and Projects
- Eigentumsdelikte in der Bundeswehr (Theft and petty theft in the Bundeswehr). Social Science Institute of the German Armed Forces, Munich: One book publication, one paper no. 7 and 9 of the publication list), research project 1989- 1991.
- Bundeswehr im Umbruch: Zur Berufsidentität von Soldaten nach dem Ende des Ost-West-Konflikts" (Bundeswehr in times of change: the professional identity of soldiers at the end of the Cold War) Social Science Institute of the German Armed Forces: Two book publications, five papers (no. 8, 15,21, 27, 28, 34, 37 of the publication list, research project 1991- 1993.
- Frauen, Militär und Krieg: Theoretische Aspekte (Women, the military and war. Theoretical aspects). Social Science Institute of the German Armed Forces: 15 papers (10, 11, 14, 16, 17, 20, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 29, 30, 32, 33 of the publication list), continuing research 1990 - 1998.
- Die Integration von Frauen ins Militär. Dargestellt am Beispiel Deutschlands, Russlands und der USA 10/1998 - 6/2003. (The integration of women into the military. The examples of Germany, Russia and the USA). Research project supported by the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft, written and filed together with Prof. Dr. Christine Eifler, University of Bremen.
- Kriegserfahrung, Identität und Geschlecht (War Experience,Gender and Identity). Research project supported by the Austrian Ministry of Education, Science and Culture as part of the programme "Universities do research for society: Securing peace and preventing conflict 10/2000 - 10/2002.
- Gunda-Werner-Doctoral Fellowship Programme "Gender and Armed Conflict", (together with Prof. Dr. Christine Eifler, University Bremen) supported by the Heinrich-Boell-Stiftung Berlin.
- Cooperation project with the University of Prishtina, Dept. of Pedagogics, "Establishing Social Work Education at the University of Prishtina" supported by the German Academic Exchange Service as part of the programme "Academic Reconstruction in Southeast Europe", 2005- 2012.
- Several grants from BAYHOST (Bayerisches Hochschulzentrum fuer Mittel-, Ost- und Suedosteuropa) for cooperation with the University of Prishtina 2008-2012.
- Grant from the International Association of Schools of Social Work for a research project with German, Slovenian and Kosovar students on "Social Issues in Kosova: Students' Theses" 2009/2010. (In 2010 plenary presentation of five theses of students of the University of Applied Sciences Regensburg at the Faculty of Philosophy in Prishtina).
- Grant from the Bavarian Ministry of Science, Programme for Initiating Research for the year 2013: Cooperation for the purpose of initiating research and further cooperation with the University of Prishtina.
- Since 4/2016 Erasmus-Cooperation Project with the University of Prishtina: Students and staff exchange.
II. Organization of Conferences and Workshops after 2000
Conference as Part of the Project "War experience, gender and identity" supported by the Austrian Ministry of Education, Science and Culture
"Gender, Identity and Conflict in the Post-War Societies of the Former Yugoslavia" in Ljubljana in cooperation with the Peace Institute Ljubljana, June 2002.
Supported by the German Peace Foundation, the East-East-Project Ljubljana and the University of Applied Sciences, Regensburg.
Workshops in the Cooperation Project "Establishing Social Work Education at the University of Prishtina" supported by the German Academic Exchange Service
International Workshop at the University of Prishtina "Social Work at the University of Prishtina: Conceptions - Cooperations - Possibilities.
International Workshop at the University of Prishtina " How to Proceed from here: Developing the Study Course "Social Work/Social Pedagogics" at the University of Prishtina".
Workshop at the University of Applied Sciences in Regensburg with colleagues from the University of Prishtina "Discussing Possibilities of further Cooperation".
Plenary presentations of B.A. theses of German students in the Faculty of Philosophy of the University Prishtina on social issues in Kosova - workshops and discussion groups.
Workshop at the University of Applied Sciences in Regensburg with colleagues from Prishtina, Tirana and Skopje.
III. Further Activities
- Coordination of the doctoral fellowship programme "Gender and armed conflicts" 2003-2008, together with Prof. Dr. Christine Eifler, University of Bremen; supported by the Boell-Stiftung, Berlin.
- Member of the selection committee for doctoral students in the above fellowship programme
- Supervisor in the above fellowship programme.
- External supervisor for M.A. theses at the Centre for Postgraduate Social Work, Berlin, study course "Social Work in War and Crises Areas"
- Resource-person für die GTZ - Gesellschaft fuer Technische Zusammenarbeit for issues of gender and the prevention of armed conflict - gender in post-war reconstruction 2003-2006.
- Resource-person for the OSCE Office for Democratic Institutions and Human Rights on "Gender and Social Care for Soldiers", Warshaw 10, 2006
- 2007 and 2008 committee member of the committee for the evaluation of the 3rd Kosovar Students' Conference of the University of Prishtina and the American High School Prishtina.
- 2007 - 2012 organization of short and long-term internships for altogether 70 Kosovar students in Germany.
- 2007 - 2012 organization of scholarships for short stays and M.A. studies for Kosovar students in Germany.
- 2008 - 2011 excursions with altogether about 70 German students to Kosovo.
- July 2012: Member of the accreditation commission for the Department of Sociology, University of Prishtina, July.
- October 2012: Commentator in the workshop "Ethnic and Social Issues in the Western Balkans" Regional Conference of the German Academic Exchange Service, University of Tirana including participation of OTH students - excursions supported by the DAAD.
- 2012-2014: German co-representative in the COST-programme "Femicide in Europe".
- January 2015: Resource person at the workshop "Social Work for Migration and Refugees at the German University in Amman" (curriculum development) at the University of Applied Sciences Magdeburg.