I am a professor for General Management ("Betriebswirtschaftslehre") and IT-Performance-Management ("IT-Controlling") at OTH Regensburg, a Technical University for Applied Sciences. I'm Deputy Dean of Study Affairs ("Studiendekan") and International Coordinator ("Auslandsbeauftragter") in our Faculty of Computer Sciences and Mathematics. In addition I coordinate the virtual teaching and e-learning efforts of our university in my role as E-Learning Coordinator.
My research interests are:
- IT-Sourcing (IT-Outsourcing, IT-Offshoring, IT-Backsourcing)
- Shadow IT
- Lean IT
- Other (Management Consulting and Teaching Didactics)
You can find a list of my applications on my Google Scholar profile and on ORCID. I currently supervise PhD students in cooperation with the Chair of Information Systems in Manufacturing and Commerce at Dresden Technical University.
I'm Associate Editor for Information & Management. I was AE/Track Chair at various conferences, such as WI, MKWI, or AMCIS. Furthermore, I acted as reviewer for the Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS), Australasian Conference on Information Systems (ACIS), Business & Information Systems Engineering (BISE), Communications of the AIS (CAIS), European Conference on Information Systems (ECIS), Information & Management (InfMan), Information Systems Management (ISM), Journal of Information Technology Theory and Application (JITTA), Journal of Cloud Computing, HMD Praxis der Wirtschaftsinformatik, and Organizacija.
My teaching activities involve:
- Business Administration 1 and 2 (Allgemeine Betriebswirtschaftslehre 1 und 2)
- Project Management
- IT-Performance-Management (IT-Controlling)
- Research Methods in IS
- Management Consulting
- Strategic Management
I recently created my first Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) / virtual course in English on "Fundamentals of Project Management". This project was funded by the Virtual University of Bavaria (Virtuelle Hochschule Bayern - VHB). I currently create a second MOOC on "Fundamentals of Business Administration".
My professional background:
- I worked as a management consultant for Bain & Company in their Munich office
- I was an entrepreneur and freelance software developer for Microsoft, Vodafone and other customers
- My academic studies took me to EBS University, Oestrich-Winkel, and Unitec Institute of Technology, Auckland, New Zealand
- My PhD research focused on success factors of IS offshoring, aka the transfer of software development and maintenance acitivities to lower-cost countries