Since early 2014 the alliance of the Universities of Applied Sciences of Amberg-Weiden and Regensburg has concentrated its joint research work in the following eleven research clusters:
[Please note that the following web pages are only available in German.]
- Automation of Technical Systems (ATS)
- East Bavarian Center for Intelligent Materials (CIM)
- Energy Efficiency and Sustainable Building Materials and Methods (ERB)
- Ethics, Technology Assessment, Sustainable Management (ETN)
- R&D User Center for Information and Communication Technologies (IKT)
- Designing with Plastics, with the focus on Jointing and Lightweight Construction (KmK)
- Laboratory for Safe and Secure Systems (LaS³)
- Sustainable Building and Historical Building Research (NBHB)
- Nanochem (NaCh)
- Electron-Optical and Optoelectronic Systems (LEOS)
- Robotics, Algorithms, Communication Networks and Smart Grid (RAKS)
Within these research units, researchers from Regensburg and Amberg-Weiden work together along the OTH core themes.
The research clusters generally offer multifaceted collaboration opportunities for industrial partners, SMEs and other universities of applied sciences.