OTH Regensburg was originally founded in 1971, and its predecessor institutions can be traced back to the beginning of the 19th century.
- Monument protection: University building on Prüfeninger Straße appointed as a historical monument
- Renaming of the Faculty of General Studies and Microsystems Engineering to the Faculty of Applied Natural Sciences and Cultural Studies
- Laying of the foundation stone: New building Faculty of Architecture
- Laying of the foundation stone: New administration building
A new building for the Faculty Computer Science and Mathematics (opening ceremony)
Haus der Technik (opening ceremony)
Student house (opening ceremony)
- The Universities of Applied Sciences of Regensburg and Amberg-Weiden are awarded the joint title of "Ostbayerische Technische Hochschule"
- Groundbreaking: New build Faculty of Computer Science and Mathematics
- The cornerstone is laid for the new "Haus der Technik"
- The new lecture hall at the Forum is built
- Anniversary: The “Fachhochschule Hochschule - University of Applied Sciences” celebrates its 40th anniversary
- The name "Fachhochschule" is dropped and its renaming as a University of Applied Sciences is enshrined in the constitution.
- Anniversary: 50 years of engineering studies at the "Hochschule Regensburg"
The "Fachhochschule Regensburg" becomes the "Hochschule für angewandte Wissenschaften – Fachhochschule Regensburg" (Hochschule Regensburg for short)
A new Central Library and refectory are built
A new building for the Microsystems Technology course
A new building for the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
The Faculty of General Studies and Microsystems Engineering and the Faculty of Computer Science and Mathematics move into the 'Sammelgebäude' of the University of Regensburg.
A new laboratory is built for the Faculty of Electrical Engineering
The lecture hall in Seybothstraße is extended for the Faculty of Electrical Engineering
The Fachhochschule Regensburg is established by the merger of the Johannes-Kepler-Polytechnikum, the Höhere Wirtschaftsfachschule Ostbayern and the engineering colleges of Landshut, Selb and Zwiesel.
Johannes-Kepler-Polytechnikum - State College of Civil and Mechanical Engineering
The Regensburg Bauschule expands to become a polytechnic, with departments for civil and structural engineering, mechanical engineering and electrical engineering
The cornerstone of the Bauschule is laid in Prüfeninger Straße
Bauschule in Regensburg – A technical college for civil and structural engineering
The Bauschule is awarded national accreditation
The Bauschule is continued under the patronage of the Regional Council of Oberpfalz as the Kreisbauschule Regensburg
The Städtische Baugewerkschule becomes a Bauschule offering five courses
The Städtische Baugewerkschule Regensburg is inaugurated as a successor to the Gewerbliche Fachschule
Master builder Julius Pöverlein establishes a Gewerbliche Fachschule
The private single-form Baugewerkschule merges with the Königliche Realschule
The art master Johann Dorner establishes a private Baugewerkschule with just one form
Professor von Schmöger asks the Royal Bavarian Local Schools Inspectorate for Regensburg to announce the inauguration of the Polytechnic College