The spreading of the new coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) raises questions and leads to uncertainty, also among students and employees of OTH Regensburg. We would like to keep you informed about the current situation. We refer in particular to the recommendations of the Robert Koch Institute (RKI) and the World Health Organization (WHO) as well as the specifications of the Bavarian State Government and the Bavarian State Ministry of Science and the Arts. Please also note the FAQ of the Bavarian State Ministry of Science and the Arts (only available in German).
We are aware that in individual cases the measures decided upon and described in the following may lead to organizational challenges for those affected and their departments/units. However, by shutting down the university's operations, contacts on campus are to be minimised, thus helping to contain the further spread of the coronavirus.
The welfare of the more than 12.000 members of OTH Regensburg must be the first priority for all of us. The university management thanks you for your support and understanding.
In accordance with the current Bavarian Infection Prevention Measures Ordinance, in areas with an increasing number of infections, a mask is mandatory wherever people come together more closely and/or for longer periods of time, at the latest from a 7-day incidence of more than 35 new infections. This also applies explicitly at the place of secondary schools (from year 5) and universities. Therefore a mask obligation applies to all reference meetings at OTH Regensburg as well as at the work places in the library. This regulation applies until further notice.
Due to contact restrictions, access to the buildings of OTH Regensburg is regulated as follows:
- Members of the university have access to the buildings of OTH Regensburg during opening hours. We ask you to use this access responsibly. The prescribed hygiene measures must be observed.
- Access for external persons not belonging to OTH Regensburg is subject to approval. The form „Zutritt der Gebäude und Einrichtungen der OTH Regensburg von externen Personen“ (only available in German) must be completed and kept.
- The buildings at Seybothstraße and Galgenbergstraße are only open on weekdays (Mon - Fri) between 6 a.m. and 8 p.m and Saturdays between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. At the location in Prüfening, the opening hours on weekdays are from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. The Prüfening location is closed on Saturdays.
Effective protection includes a careful and considered use of general hygiene measures recommended by both the Robert Koch Institute and the WHO, especially
- Avoid shaking hands
- Comply with the coughing and sneezing etiquette
- Wash your hands regularly and thoroughly with soap
- Keep your hands out of your face as much as possible in order not to absorb pathogens through the mucous membranes of your eyes, nose, or mouth
- Ventilate rooms regularly
- Generally stay at home when you experience respiratory symptoms (common cold etc.)
- Keep a distance to other people (at least 1.5-2 meters)
- Wear an everyday mask or mouth-nose cover where it is prescribed. Stay informed about the current regulations.
You can find further information on Infektionsschutz.de (only available in German).
In the following cases you are not allowed to enter the buildings and areas of OTH Regensburg:
- If you have a positive result after performing a SARS-CoV-2 test. You must report this at gesundheitsschutz(at)oth-regensburg.de.
- If you have had contact with a confirmed COVID-19 patient within the last 14 days. In this case, you should immediately contact your local health authority, even if no symptoms are present.
- If you have been in a risk area in the last 14 days in a risk area significantly of the current classification of the RKI. In this case, you should contact the public health department and your family doctor. The Robert Koch Institute's list of international risk areas and regions in Germany that are particularly affected is constantly updated. Furthermore, the contents of the Bayerische Einreisequarantäne-Verordnung (Bavarian Entry Quarantine Ordinance) apply (only available in German).
If you show unspecific general symptoms or respiratory problems of any severity. In this case you should stay at home until a clarification by the attending physician or an exclusion of a COVID-19 disease is defined. Affected staff members are to be treated as unfit for duty or incapacitated for work and therefore may not appear on duty until the presence of a coronavirus infection has been clarified.
If you have any questions, please contact gesundheitsschutz(at)oth-regensburg.de.
In the event of a home quarantine, all official or student duties must first be performed from home. Staff members should agree on the further procedure and the exact modalities with their respective superiors.
The registration and deregistration period for AW courses is from October 5 to 15, 2020. Registration and deregistration for AW courses is done via WebUntis; here is the support, if needed. Places in the courses are expected to be allocated on October 16, 2020. The AW courses will also start on October 19, 2020. The AW Day (central examination day for language courses) will take place on January 29, 2021.
In addition, on the website of the AW programme, you can find out about possibilities to transfer credits of courses offered by the “vhb Virtuelle Hochschule Bayern” (only available in German) and to have them counted towards an AW module. Please inform yourself in time at the responsible examination office about the possible transfer of credits of additional study achievements in vhb courses. Please note that ECTS points can only be earned in "CLASSIC vhb" courses.
The CIP pools are closed until further notice.
However, you can access all CIP Pool computers remotely, i. e. via another computer (e. g. at your home) and use the software installed there that you need for exercises and practical training remotely. Instructions for remote access and current information can be found in the support wiki of OTH Regensburg (only available in German).
Please use remote access to the CIP pool computers exclusively for your studies and release your connection when you are finished.
Students who need a deadline extension for the submission of final theses, term papers, or projects due to the closure and restrictions of the various institutions of OTH Regensburg, please contact the chairman of the examination board and your supervisor.
The start of lectures in the winter semester 2020/2021 will be postponed to October 12, 2020. This will allow the practical in-company training phase to be adapted in such a way that, despite the later end of the examination period in the summer semester 2020, there will be sufficient time for practical in-company training.
The lecture-free period begins on 19 February 2021. The practical in-company training phase should be adjusted accordingly.
In the winter semester 2020/2021, the semester examination period covers the period from January 29 to February 18, 2021.
In principle, working on a final thesis can be continued. If necessary, please contact your supervisor or the chairperson of the examination board by telephone or email.
Laboratory operation within the context of Bachelor and Master theses is only possible in exceptional cases upon application. The application is to be submitted by the supervisors or laboratory managers to the responsible dean. If necessary, the responsible head of occupational safety must be consulted in assessing the situation. For the application approved by the dean, the agreement of the university management must be obtained.
If you have any questions regarding your internship semester, please contact the people responsible for internships in your faculty or study programme.
The lecture period begins for all students of OTH Regensburg on October 12, 2020 and ends on February 2, 2021.
Until further notice, masks are also compulsory at the workstations in the library.
From October 1, 2020, ordered books can be picked up at the lending desk in the main library in Seybothstraße Monday to Friday from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Saturday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. In the Prüfeninger Strasse sub-library this is possible Monday to Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The university library will be closed on the Day of German Unity (October 3, 2020).
Workstations in the reading room of the main library in Seybothstraße can be reserved for all students of OTH Regensburg from Monday to Friday on a half-day basis and on Saturdays on a daily basis. In the Prüfeninger Straße sublibrary this is possible half days from Monday to Friday.
We ask for your understanding that only a limited number of workplaces can be provided due to the hygiene regulations to be observed.
Opening hours for the public and office hours are restricted. Please make use of the possibilities of digital communication and submit your requests by email or telephone. If you wish to hand in documents, please send them as a file by email or by regular mail. Questions and concerns should be dealt with by telephone or email.
You can find out which courses are offered in attendance in the information channels of your faculty, on the website of your faculty under "Studierende"/"Präsenzveranstaltung im Wintersemester 2020/21"" and your timetable on WebUntis.
Home office is the desired alternative, where the personal task allows it. However, it is pointed out that the possibility of personal presence in the research laboratories must be further restricted and is only possible in compelling exceptional cases in agreement with the deans and with the permission of the president or the chancellor.