Nomination and first information: Since exchange students are nominated by their home university, you should contact the international office of your home university first for information on exchange programmes and agreements as well as admissions and applications. For any additional queries you may have, please contact the student exchange coordinators at OTH Regensburg incoming-international(at)oth-regensburg.de.
German language requirements: To follow lectures in German language, we require a B2 German language level for application. If you only choose English taught lectures, we do recommend a B1 German language level, but we do not require it for application.
The application deadlines for exchange students are 1 June for the winter semester (September - January) and 1 December for the summer semester (March - July).
Please be Aware that the Introduction Program for the winter Semester 2018/19 will start 4th/5th of September 2018. We want all students to arrive on that dates!
The online application form for winter semester 2018/19 will be available online from April 2018 onwards.
- Read the Practical Guide for Exchange Students for details about residence permits and health insurance requirements.
- Check out the courses available at OTH Regensburg and prepare the Learning Agreement. Please use the document provided by your home university in the first place, otherwise you can also use the forms provided here. (The blank word form you can find in our Download Center - grey box on the right.)
Please fill the form, ask for your home coordinator's appoval/signature and save the document as PDF for upload.
Please be aware that only computer-written documents will be accepted.
- Prepare all necessary documents for the upload before you start to apply via online form. You need to complete your application in one session, belated upload of documents via form is not possible!
You need to upload at least the following document:
- Computer-written Learning agreement
If already available you are also invited to upload:
- Copy of passport (Non-EU students) or ID card (EU-students)
- Proof of health insurance
- Please fill in the online form "application form for exchange students" and upload the requested documents in the end before sending the form. After submission you will receive an email confirming all your entered data. (This confirmation is sent to the student's email address as stated in the form). Please save this document/email - it is your proof for applying online.
- Any documents you want to hand in at a later point of time (e.g. proof of health insurance, copy of issued passport) you have to hand in by email. Please send it to
- Finally, decide on housing and send your "Application for accommodation" as well as "Acceptance of housing" directly to Mrs Hannelore Siegl-Ertl within application deadline.
The International Office has a limited contingent of rooms which we provide for exchange students. If you want to rent a room via the International Office you must send your application for accommodation and the acceptance of housing to reach Mrs. Hannelore Siegl-Ertl before the deadline (1 June for winter semester, 1 December for summer semester).