The MSc Medical Engineering course has a standard course length of 3 semesters designed to be theoretical study semesters. It is during the third semester that the Master thesis is prepared, with six months being set aside for this task.
Students can start the course in the winter or summer semester. Those starting in the winter semester will attend the modules from subject semester 1, while those starting in the summer semester will attend the modules from subject semester 2 (both subject semesters are individually interchangeable).
The following programme is scheduled for the Research and Development option at OTH Regensburg:
Study semester 1 (taken in the summer semester)
Advanced mathematical, natural science and engineering principles
- Regulations for medical products
- Material sciences
- Biomechanical modelling, testing and simulation
- Experimenting and data analysis
Study semester 2 (taken in the winter semester)
Advanced engineering applications, multidisciplinary course content
- Innovation management
- 5 modules from the following elective module catalogue
- Project assignment
- Numerical flow calculation
- Vascular engineering
- Two further elective modules of OTH Regensburg (currently still under consideration, but will be taken from Implants, Tissue Engineering, Biomaterials, Biomechanics, Biocompatibility, Biofluid Mechanics)
- All option modules of OTH Amberg-Weiden can also be chosen as elective modules.
Study semester 3
- Master thesis with presentation
Students who successfully complete the course are admitted to the degree of Master of Science (MSc).