European Business Studies (Master)
Welcome to the European Business Studies (Master) degree programme at OTH Regensburg. Starting from the 2013/14 winter semester, university graduates with a relevant first degree in International Business Studies conferring professional qualifications will be able to complete their education in international management with a 2-semester Master degree programme (M.A.).
This programme offers a comprehensive range of management and business themes and is supplemented by a study option of the student's own choosing.
Find out all you need to know about the Master degree programme's entrance requirements, content and framework on these pages.
Degree programme information
|Duration:||2 semesters, full-time course, 60 ECTS Credits|
|Profile:||Course structure and course programme|
|Study options:||Management and Finance|
Management and Logistics
Management and HR
Management and Marketing
|Degree title:||"Master of Arts" (M.A.)|
|Accreditation:||FIBAA Accreditation Agency [only available in German]|
First semester: English
Second semester: German/English
Head of the Master European Business Studies programme
Prof. Dr. Nina Leffers
Room: S 215
Raum: S 222c
Friends of European Business Studies association
The Friends of European Business Studies association (FEB e.V.) was set up in 1996 as an initiative of students and lecturers shortly after the European Business Studies programme was launched at the Technical University of Applied Sciences Regensburg.
In the intervening years a large European Business Studies community with over 600 members has grown up with the aim of maintaining and improving communication between students and the university. The community thrives, grows and continues to evolve through its students.
With its unparalleled network of current students and graduates who are now employed as skilled and experienced managers and decision-makers in world-renowned businesses operating in industry, trade and the service sector, FEB offers numerous opportunities for making valuable contacts. As well as alumni presentations or the mentoring scheme that was introduced in 2006, current students are able meet and exchange ideas with alumni, pick up useful tips on the internship parts of their course and use the potential for a successful career entry and attractive job opportunities.
To find more information about FEB and the current FEB Team, go here.
You will spend your first semester in Regensburg that is listed on UNESCO World Heritage Site at the Technical University OTH Regensburg.
Regensburg is a unique city which, with its beautiful Old Town which was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2006, is ranked among the Top Ten sites in Germany and even across Europe. Aside from its status as a student town, Regensburg is also a first-rate business hub. Close by are numerous national and multinational companies who make the most of the excellent communications and supply infrastructure, ideal production conditions and the dense network of businesses, research facilities and higher education establishments.
OTH Regensburg was recently placed in the Top Ten German Universities of Applied Sciences preferred by personnel bosses across Germany, with its Faculty of Business Studies occupying a very respectable 9th place. With its modern facilities and student-centric environment, the campus which OTH Regensburg shares with the University of Regensburg offers the best possible atmosphere for studious endeavour.
For the second semester you can choose whether to take your major and write your Master Thesis either in Regensburg or at one of our many Partner Universities in other countries both in Europe and beyond, or again on your own initiative at a foreign university of your choice.
Here you will find useful information about studying in Regensburg.
For support and more information round about a study semester or placement semester abroad please contact our International Office.
The European Business Master study course has set itself the goal of producing highly qualified managers to fill international management positions. Students will acquire comprehensive knowledge and an in-depth understanding of the commercial, political, legal and sociocultural framework in both a European and an international context. The study programme which can be taken entirely in English language builds on a successfully completed first degree course, and is aimed specifically at foreign students.
- Semester 1 at the Ostbayerische Technische Hochschule Regensburg: Advanced studies in all areas of business administration, with an international context
- Semester 2 at the Ostbayerische Technische Hochschule Regensburg or at a university outside Germany: Choice of specialisation and preparation of the Master thesis
The European Business Master course is aimed at students who have already completed a demanding first degree course in the field of international business studies and who have gained comprehensive international and practical experience during internships or even in their first actual paid employment.
Applicants should meet the following entrance requirements:
· Applicants should hold a first degree in a relevant course in international business studies in which they have obtained an overall grade of “good” or higher, or hold an equivalent German or foreign degree in which they will generally have been awarded 240 ECTS credits but not less than 180 credits.
· Applicants will have adequate experience from a non-German speaking country. 60 credits – but not less than 30 credits – will normally have been obtained from a course taken at a foreign University/University of Applied Sciences.
· Adequate foreign internship. Applicants will have completed an internship semester in a non-German speaking country as part of the first degree course or spent a comparable and continuous period of time working in a non-German speaking country.
· Adequate proficiency in English. Applicants will either have completed a first degree course that was held mainly in English, or they will have acquired adequate foreign experience or have adequate subject-related practical knowledge (a foreign internship in English). Alternatively, applicants will provide proof of English proficiency at level C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
· Course-specific aptitude.
Proof of aptitude for the course
To be eligible to take part in the aptitude process applicants must submit their applications in the required format and by the specified time.
An applicant’s aptitude for the particular course is demonstrated by their successful presentation of a written essay. Three topics form the subject of the essay:
· International Management
· The essay must be written in English and be at least 1,800 and not more than 2,500 words long.
· The essay must be completed within 48 hours from the time it is set. The essay must be submitted online to the Faculty of Business Studies before the end of the allotted time.
· Authors must indicate the sources and references they have used. They must enclose a form certifying that the essay is entirely their own work.
· Be aware: All submitted essays will undergo a plagiarism check so please observe the relevant standards governing scientific working methods!
Points will be awarded based on the results of the essay and the final grade of the applicant’s first degree. A total of 100 points is possible. Applicants must gain at least 65 points to pass the aptitude test.
· For the essay applicants could gain a maximum of 70 points:
o 30 Points for the topic International Management
o 30 Points for the topic Economics
o 10 Points for the topic Marketing
· For the final grade of the first degree applicants could gain a maximum of 30 Points:
- 0 points for a grade 4.0
- 30 points for a grade 1.0
- 1 Point is awarded for each tenth better than a grade 4.0
- If the first degree was obtained abroad, the grades will be converted according to Section 6(6) of the General Examination Regulations.
For more information, just read the Examination Regulations for the Master course European Business Studies (only available in German).
With a Master degree in European Business Studies you will be qualified to take up management positions on middle and higher management levels. You will find possible openings in all areas of business administration, preferably with an international element. You will be able to prioritise preferred topics through your choice of advanced study option and further specialisation in your Master thesis.